When is National Sons Day? The answer to that question varies from one country to another. One day, it may be celebrated with bells in hand and a massive parade down the streets, while in another, it may only be celebrated with lots of funny games and family fun at the bar or club.
In many nations, National Sons Day is celebrated on the fourth weekend in April. It is an annual event and has been celebrated for over a century in the United States, as well as many other countries around the globe. On this day, sons in different families give their fathers presents – usually wristwatches or money-which says “I am raising sons.” Another traditional national sons day is celebrated each year on the second Friday of April.
Where is National Sons Day celebrated? In the United States, it is celebrated on the first Thursday in April. It is usually a day when fathers meet with their sons at a sporting arena, a local park or a local pub. On this day, they spend time together discussing issues affecting their family. It is not uncommon for them to give each other a hard time about politics, religion, race relations or other topical issues. The gathering ends with a barbecue and the celebration of eating and drinking – a day which traditionally includes a game of beer pong.
In many parts of the world, however, National Sons Day isn’t celebrated until the third week of September. This is a celebration of raising strong, dependable sons who can stand up for what is right. In many cultures, the fourth Thursday of April is also known as father’s day. The main highlight of this day is the parades that are paraded through major towns and cities all over the country. It is a time when dads get together with their sons from different backgrounds and from various regions of the country. The spirit of the event is one of celebrating fatherhood.
National Sons Day 2021 Messages
- Do I want to be a hero to my son? No. I would like to be a very real human being. That’s hard enough. – Robert Downey, Jr.
- You don’t raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they’ll turn out to be heroes, even if it’s just in your own eyes. – Wally Schirra
- Be strong out there, my son. Look for the love and kindness in others. Forgive yourself when you make mistakes, and enjoy the journey. – Kirsten Wreggitt, Before I Let You Go
- Mothers all want their sons to grow up to be president, but they don’t want them to become politicians in the process. – John F. Kennedy
- Your son will open your eyes, broaden your knowledge, and help your sense of humor. Michael Thompson Ph.D., Speaking of Boys
- It is not flesh and blood, but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. -Friedrich von Schiller
- Happy is the son whose faith in his mother remains unchallenged. – Louisa May Alcott
If you are looking for a perfect way to mark out this national day, you could make your own list of what you think are the most important issues for fathers to be concerned about. This could include the importance of having a healthy breakfast, of making sure their children have proper nutrition and of ensuring that their sons and daughters remain physically and financially fit. If you feel strongly about any of these issues, you can easily find books and other resources that highlight the issue. You will also find plenty of online resources dedicated to showing parents how to make their children healthy and happy.
Dads spend quality time together with their kids. The best way to ensure that they do is to spend quality time together making memories and building a strong bond between the two of them. If this happens on National Sons Day, it can boost up the morale of fathers in general as they know that on this day, they will not only be remembered for being great fathers but also for spending time with their kids. In fact, National Sons Day celebrations are held in thousands of places around the globe so there is no shortage of places to celebrate this special day. If you want to make this year’s celebration a memorable one, make sure that you spend quality time with your children and create unforgettable memories to last a lifetime.