Memorial Day is a somber occasion on the calendar, marked annually with a number of funeral services and activities marking the life of a deceased person. Memorial Day, as it is commonly known, is on the list of United States’ most popular national holidays. It has been celebrated ever since 1776, though its origins are probably closer to the mid-nineteenth century. In United States, Memorial Day is observed on the third Sunday of May, annually. A lot of people commemorate the lives of their loved ones through Memorial Day activities.
Now, as we all mark the passing away of another year, we can now reflect upon how lucky we are to have been blessed with different heroes in our lives. They have fought and died for our freedom. So we owe it to them to let us all send heartfelt wishes to the fallen soldiers who remained in uniform until they crossed the seas. Here are some Memorial Day Wishes for the Fallen Soldiers of the Armed Forces that you may want to consider sending to the family of each soldier who passed away this year:
o Special Forces One: Happy Memorial Day Wishes for the brave soldiers who have given their lives in battle against the enemy. Send them an expression of your appreciation and love for their sacrifice and their bravery. In addition to their wives and families, send your warmest wishes to the surviving members of their unit. They will truly be in your thoughts during this time of grieving.
o Veterans of Foreign Wars: Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) gather on Memorial Day to observe their veterans in action. VFW also expresses its gratitude to those individuals who have given their services to the cause of preserving American security and freedom. You can send your thanks to those in the military who have given their lives to protect the freedoms we enjoy. The VFW also recognizes those in the armed forces who are disabled or injured, as well as the spouses and families of such personnel. These types of Memorial Day expressions are appropriate for the military member, his or her spouse, and his or her family.
Memorial Day Facts (Important to Know)
1. MEMORIAL DAY BEGAN AS A RESPONSE TO THE CIVIL WAR.
2. MAJOR GENERAL JOHN A. LOGAN MADE THE DAY OFFICIAL.
3. MEMORIAL DAY WAS ORIGINALLY KNOWN AS DECORATION DAY.
4. MEMORIAL DAY IS MORE OF A FRANCHISE THAN A NATIONAL HOLIDAY.
5. IN 1868, FUTURE PRESIDENT JAMES GARFIELD DELIVERED A VERY, VERY LONG SPEECH ON THE IMPORTANCE OF MEMORIAL DAY.
6. CBS HELPED IDENTIFY ONE OF THE UNKNOWN SOLDIERS.
7. ONE VIETNAM VETERANS’ RIGHTS GROUP WILL HOLD A VIRTUAL MOTORCYCLE RIDE TO HONOR MEMORIAL DAY IN 2021.
8. MEMORIAL DAY HAS ITS OWN SET OF CUSTOMS.
9. SOME STATES STILL CELEBRATE A CONFEDERATE MEMORIAL DAY.
10. EACH MEMORIAL DAY IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT.
Happy Memorial Day Quotes
Too Many quotes available here about the Memorial Day of United States which going to celebrate on 25 May 2021. If you want to collect best Quotes of Memorial Day, you can choose the Famous Memorial Day Quotes. Also, Inspiring Quotes of National Memorial Day of the United States.
- “Without memory, there is no culture. Without memory, there would be no civilization, no society, no future.” – Elie Wiesel
- “Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of a readiness to die.” – G.K. Chesterton
- “Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look upon them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.” – Sun Tzu
- “No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” – St. Ambrose
- “Patriotism is not short, frenzied outburst of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.” – Adlai Stevenson
- “Patriotism is when the love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.” – Charles de Gaulle
- “America without her soldiers would be like God without His angels.” – Claudia Pemberton
- “I believe our flag is more than just cloth and ink. It is a universally recognized symbol that stands for liberty, and freedom. It is the history of our nation, and it’s marked by the blood of those who died defending it.” – John Thune
- “The legacy of heroes — the memory of a great name, and the inheritance of a great example.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
Memorial Day 2021 Wallpaper, Image, Photos & Pics
Download Memorial Day 2021 Latest Wallpaper, Image, Photos, and Picture to Wish the Men and Women who sacrifice their lives. Also, update your Status on Social Media and Remind people about Memorial Day by sending an Image.
o Veterans of Overseas Installations (VOIP): During Memorial Day celebrations, many Americans make their way to VAIP units that are located overseas. These military installations provide a much needed home to thousands of returning veterans and their family members. It is not easy to make the trip, but it is well worth it. In your statement, simply express your belief in the mission of these installations and how they help our nation remain a strong and viable entity. Thank them for their service to our country.
There are many other options when it comes to writing and submitting your Memorial Day 2021 wishes. Perhaps you want to write something down, but you aren’t sure if you’re qualified to say it. You can also go online to find some great resources. Just remember, your wishes are important, so express them freely. These types of statements let the public know how much you care.